It’s my Mum’s birthday tomorrow. Mum and Dad were coming up to help us start enclosing our carport to make a garage. I tried to organise a bit of a surprise party with my brother and sister coming up as well but unfortunately they weren’t able to make it in the end. However, this did mean that we were able to start building! Grumpy and Dad got one stud wall built and we will be working on more tomorrow.
The garage isn’t going to be used for my car. It is going to be used as a sensory gym!
- The space will be around 5.5m x 3.5m.
- We will have one of the 3.5m walls covered in wardrobes for storage.
- There will be pigtail hooks in the roof so we can hang up swings and rope ladders.
~Swings from Bunnings ~
~We have had this Ikea swing for around a year
looking forward to having somewhere to hang it up ~
- We wanted a ‘book nook’ – that is dim and cosy for reading books, relaxing or having some sensory time out. It was going to have bookshelves around the outside. However, the kids were looking at some pictures of playrooms online with Grumpy and decided that they would like a castle! So… now we are having a castle in the corner – there will still be a cosy, quiet space underneath but they will be able to climb on top, using rock climbing style grips, and slide down a slide!
~The castle that the kids want – see it on the original page here~
- We will have a desk that can fold down against the wall so that it can be moved out of the way when swinging.
- We are going to paint the top of the desk with blackboard paint so it can be a blackboard when down.
- We will have rubber tiles on the floor for safety.
I will share updates as we go along.